In our continuing effort to love our neighbors and be good stewards of our own health, Bethany will be taking a number of precautions during the current coronavirus outbreak. These will include but not be limited to:
- Asking members who are feeling ill to stay at home and contact Pastor Erickson or Nurse Anderson if they need any type of assistance.
- Members at church are asked to refrain from shaking hands or other forms of physical contact.
- For Holy Communion, Pastor and the elder assisting him will wash their hands immediately before the Consecration and Distribution. We are also asking that communicants dispose of their individual cups in the designated containers along the wall as they return to their seats, instead of placing them on the altar rail.
- During the Offering, we will no longer be passing the offering plates. Instead, tithes and offerings may be placed in the plates that will be located in the back of the sanctuary after the service.
- Coffee will no longer be “self-serve” in the gathering area, but served by an individual who will maintain the proper health standards and protocols.
- Lastly, Pastor Erickson and the church leadership will decide if and how events and gatherings at the church should take place on a case by case basis. While the physical health of our members and the slowing down of the coronavirus is of the utmost importance, it is even more important to turn to the Lord in prayer and repentance and receive His blessings through His Word and Sacraments in times of crisis. Therefore, please check our website and Facebook page or call the church office for the latest updates on activities.
Everyone in the Bethany family appreciates your understanding and cooperation. Having been redeemed by Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, we know the final victory over all evil already belongs to us. With this faith and God’s blessings, we can be confident that working together we will get through this difficult time.